OSMED self-inflating tissue expanders are made of a specially developed hydrogel that uses the osmotic principle to gain volume.
These implants are indicated in the treatment of clinical anophthalmia, congenital microphthalmia and postenucleation socket syndrome. After implantation, OSMED hydrogel implants start to absorb body fluid and grow consistently to a predefined form and volume.
The increased volume of the implant – between 7 to 12 fold, depending on the product type – leads to an increase of soft tissue:
- High biocompatibility
- Similar hydrogel also used in soft contact lenses
- Low complication rate
- Controlled swelling
- No search for valve
- Different shapes to cover various indications
- Expansion of the conjunctival sac with clinical anophthalmia
- Enlargement of the surface of the mucous membrane
- Creation of a fold abutment / support for artificial eye prothesis
- Sterile, Single use
- Box of 1
*In vitro in 0.9% NaCl-Sol.
|Tissue Expander Hemisphere - 0.4 ml box of 1||OSM352-6040|
|Tissue Expander Hemisphere - 0.9 ml box of 1||OSM352-6090|
|0.9 ml box of 1||OSM352-6090|
|1.5 ml box of 1||OSM352-6150|
|2.0 ml box of 1||OSM352-6200|